Hooray! We’re moving! My wonderful geek bought me a domain name and helped me move my site. I am now blogging at http://ourlittlegeekling.com! Check it out!
Biggest Blogging Loser January 3, 2011
Today I start the Biggest Blogging Loser! Below is my starting photo.
I won’t tell you my starting weight, but I will say that my pregnancy with Eriana has given me a leg up. I’m starting this competition about 7 lbs lighter than I was before my first pregnancy. My employer gives me a free fitness membership (mine is at the YMCA), and along with breast feeding, I’m hoping to be the big winner of 70% of the jackpot!
Wish me luck! 12 weeks starts now!
2011 January 1, 2011
2011 promises to be a great year. I’m convinced it will be. It’s already starting out, by leaps and bounds, better than 2010 did.
Here’s what I’d like to do/accomplish in 2011:
1. Read at least one book a month. This, normally, isn’t too difficult for me, but with a husband, new baby and a full-time job, I am thinking it might be more difficult than usual.
2. Try to be less critical. I’m a pretty nice person, in general, but there are specific people that really wear me out and make it to my last nerve before my nerves even start. I’d like to be less critical of these people, their quirks and personalities, and more open to them being in our lives, especially the ones that really aren’t going anywhere in our lives.
3. Run. I am itching to get back out on the roads. I love love love to run, and in the 4 months between my pregnancies I didn’t build up a whole lot of stamina. So I haven’t really run since March 2009. I really want to.
4. Lose weight. Cliche, I know! But Eriana really gave me a leg up when I only gained 6 lbs during my pregnancy. As of yesterday I was down about 18 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. If I can make a plan, start running again, and continue to breast feed, I might actually lose the weight I’ve wanted to for the last 3 years!
5. Do something better. I started knitting a couple of months ago, and I’d like to get better at that. Or perhaps I’ll craft more until I can do something I’m super proud of/can sell. Maybe I’ll bake more and get better at that; I’m a GREAT cook (if I can say so humbly), but my baking leaves something to be desired. Maybe I can actually learn HTML like my husband wants and I tried earlier this year and help more with our at-home business. Maybe I can get better at my job and revolutionize the process so that it’s more efficient, more cost-effective, and easier.
6. Embrace myself more. I’m the kind of person who wants to take care of everyone else first and herself last. I’ve been trying to get better about this, at Jim’s request, but I haven’t been doing that well with it, especially with Eriana’s arrival. But I know on some level that I can’t take care of her properly if I don’t take care of myself, so I need to take care of me first.
7. Be great. I want to be a great wife, and I want to be a great mom. Jim and I have been married for 7.5 years and we’ve done a lot of growing and learning together and have a great marriage. And I waited so long to be a mom, and then another more than a year after Angel died before Eriana arrived to be able to put being a mom into practice. I want to truly be great for her, to be someone she can respect and look up to, in addition to loving me. I want to get along with her as she grows, while at the same time never letting the line of a parent’s role blur. I know how to be a wife (although it still takes lots of work on my part and a lot of patience on Jim”s part). I just need increased motivation to be a great wife every day, and increased motivation and know-how to be a great mom.
Happy New Year to you all and I hope you have a beautiful 2011!
(Also: it’s a slouchy sweater and Eriana was sliding down; I promise I’m not trying to take a sexy blog photo!)
The winner of the weight section of the Baby Eddy Guessing Game decided to forego her prize and asked that I pass it along to someone else! The next closest guesser was Amy! Amy was already a winner for guessing Eriana’s middle name correctly. But since a few people guessed Danielle would be her middle name, I re-drew the winner for THAT section of the game! So the new winner for middle name is Stephanie! And the new winner for weight is Amy!
Sorry for any confusion. 🙂
Also: Anna, the original winner for weight, is one of the sisters that came up with the Annie and Isabel designer hospital gown. I LOVED having mine in the hospital and I highly recommend the product to anyone who is having a baby, some other surgery or hospital stay, or especially as a gift for someone who is in and out of the hospital frequently. I got lots of compliments from the nursing staff and friends, and it was so much more comfortable than the hospital gowns the hospital provides!
2010 December 29, 2010
Well, it took me a week, but I figured out the winners of the guessing game! I’ll be getting in touch with the winners directly as soon as I can. Cut me some slack; I’ve got a newborn! 🙂
Weight: 7 lbs, 6 oz; WINNER: Anna!
Length: 18.5 inches; WINNER: Kelly!
Hair: Light Brown fuzzies; WINNER: Michelle (yes, I’m aware that this blog is protected, but if you know the family, you can get the password from Michelle)!
Time of birth: 8:43am; WINNER: Kelly!
Name: Guess – Eliana (so close!); WINNER: Jeanne!
Middle Name: Guess – Danielle (three correct guesses; winner chosen at random); WINNER: Amy!
Thanks to everyone for playing! Kelly was the big winner with 2 correct guesses!
Oh, HEY! December 19, 2010
I’m having a baby in three days. THREE DAYS! That’s very exciting and scary and wonderful and terrifying and exciting a million more times.
Yesterday Eddy wasn’t very active and I spent about half the day scared and pushing on my belly and trying to get her to wake up and move. Of course when I settled in to go to bed she went crazy, which was a lovely way to wind down my day. Today she’s as active as ever, so I’m glad for that!
Today Jim and I are cleaning out part of the garage with my little sister today. We are anticipating getting a deep freezer in the next few weeks and need to make room for it. And I have 9 more recipes on my list for my freezable meals project with all ingredients bought and ready to cook. Except chicken. Because Baby Brain hit me pretty hard last night and I cooked 3 lbs of chicken so that I could have some ready for another recipe because I only needed 2 lbs for the meal I was making for dinner, and then instead of reserving 1 lb, I put it all in the casserole I made last night. Lovely. So I need 1 lb of chicken. But even if I don’t get all of the meals ready and in the freezer before Wednesday, since the food is already bought and Jim can cook, he can make the remaining meals when we come back from the hospital.
Meanwhile, I finished all of my Christmas projects and could not be more thrilled about that! I wrapped everything and got the out-of-town gifts ready to ship on Monday, and the in-town gifts ready to deliver to my sister on Monday. I have a doctor’s appointment on Monday afternoon, dinner with some girlfriends Monday night, dinner with my dad on Tuesday night, and I’m having a baby on Wednesday! I took tomorrow and Tuesday off of work, so I get to sleep in and relax/cook freezable meals on those two days, and just enjoy my time with Jim before it’s the three of us instead of the two of us.
I can’t help but be nervous and wonder how everything will go on Wednesday. I won’t be able to breathe easily until I hear that baby screaming in the OR. I’m so ready. I’m so excited. I can’t wait.
PS Don’t forget to enter the Baby Eddy Guessing Game! Guessing closes tonight at midnight. 🙂