What a year it has been! Definitely memorable in so many ways. I stole this quiz from Lawyerish. Go read hers; she’s full of fun!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Bought a house. That was a big deal.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t remember making any this year. I doubt I will next year, either. Maybe a to-do list like Jennie, but probably not any actual resolutions. The to-do list seems much more manageable and smart.
3. Did anyone close to you have a child? Yes! The day after me! 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die? No. Someone close to people close to me, but no one close to me.
5. Where did you travel? Oklahoma. Lame, I know. But we moved here from Tokyo in January.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Motivation.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory? February 19 (day we closed on the house). May 5 (day we found out we were pregnant). December 22 (day Eriana was born).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Delivering Eriana. And finishing my Master’s. But Eriana was the biggest.
9. What was your biggest failure? I think I felt like a failure for part of the year due to unresolved depression surrounding Angel’s birth. But I’m really proud of the person I am and how I’ve been able to endure through great stress.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really, no. Just regular sick and pregnancy sick and recovery from cesarean pain.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Toyota Prius. Love our car!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jim’s. He’s incredible. How’d I get so lucky?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Several members of our family who have been very not there for us after Angel’s death and in the wake of our pregnancy with Eriana. Several people just didn’t know how to act toward us and so rather than offering any kind of support they were silent. And others chose to avoid tact altogether, which was very disheartening.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and furniture/stuff moving in; new car payment.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Eriana.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Wow, I don’t know. I can’t really think of one. I listened to a lot more NPR than music this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier; Thinner; Uh… richer in a lot of ways, but not financially.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Run.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Cry.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? We spent Christmas at home, just the seven of us (including our pets and Angel’s spirit). We were discharged from the hospital in the morning and got to take our precious present home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Every day, over and over with Jim. And each time I look at Eriana.
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Amazing Race, probably. What a great show!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. Hate’s a really strong word. There are definitely people with whom I’ve severed ties, but no one I hate.
24. What was the best book you read? Tough one! I guess New York the Novel. Wonderful! I read it twice.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? ZZ Top. How great are they!?
26. What did you want and get? A daughter I got to bring home.
28. What did you want and not get? The job of my dreams.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I don’t know. Harry Potter was pretty great. And Twilight.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 28. I don’t remember what I did… Must have been memorable.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Angel.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfortable. I was pregnant for half the year, so I was just trying to accommodate the belly and stay fully clothed.
33. What kept you sane? Jim. He always keeps me sane. Oh, and good antidepressants.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Uh… None? I don’t know. I always have a thing for Will Smith and Antonio Banderas.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
36. Who did you miss? My friends in Japan. Luckily most of them have left Japan now and we can hopefully visit with them soon!
37. Who was the best new person you met? Eriana. 🙂
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Life is never what you think it will be, but always works out when you stay positive.
Here’s to 2011; hope yours is as great as I plan on mine being! 🙂